I started at the edge of the porch instead this time. The bricks were a lot harder to get up though because half of them are buried! I counted how many bricks I dug up. Day 2 - 267. Day 3 - 311.
Here is what I started with...Digging them out of the dirt -
All of the bricks I got up -
Finished for the day...
I decided to take a break from the bricks and plant some flowers out front. Our front porch was covered in leaves and so messy. I have clients coming by so often now that I really needed to clean things up! Now hopefully I can keep them alive.
I have been working during nap time everyday. But today they woke up super early. So...I decided to just set up their gate outside and let them play in the dirt while I worked! They had a blast, but were SO dirty when I was done.
Here are the brick I dug up today - 524!
The progress -
What I have left!
It hasn't taken me nearly as long as I thought it would. it is really hard work though and I am very sore. I think I am going to take a break tomorrow. I think it will only take 2 more work days though to get up the rest of the brick. Then for the fence...
- ► 2012 (49)
- ► 2011 (87)
- ► 2010 (113)
- ▼ March (7)
- ► 2008 (76)