one of the best parts of christmas is all of the yummy goodies. we have been cooking a bunch a round here lately for different things and i have really enjoyed eating it all! the kids have loved it too. they like cutting out cookies, helping and especially trying it :)
one of my favorites was a new one we tried (the chocolate on the bottom left). they were really, really good warm.
Caramel Filled Chocolate Cookies
* 1 cup butter, softened
* 1 cup white sugar
* 1 cup packed brown sugar
* 2 eggs
* 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
* 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
* 1 teaspoon baking soda
* 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
* 1 cup chopped walnuts
* 1 tablespoon white sugar
* 48 chocolate-covered caramel candies (rolo)
1. Beat butter until creamy. Gradually beat in white sugar and brown sugar. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine flour, baking soda, and cocoa. Gradually add to butter mixture, beating well. Stir in 1/2 cup walnuts. Cover and chill at least 2 hours.
2. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
3. Combine remaining 1/2 cup nuts with the 1 tablespoon sugar. Divide the dough into 4 parts. Work with one part at a time, leaving the remainder in the refrigerator until needed. Divide each part into 12 pieces. Quickly press each piece of dough around a chocolate covered caramel. Roll into a ball. Dip the tops into the sugar mixture. Place sugar side up, 2 inches apart on greased baking sheets.
4. Bake for 8 minutes in the preheated oven. Let cool for 3 to 4 minutes on the baking sheets before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
- ► 2012 (49)
- ► 2011 (87)
- ▼ December (11)
- ► 2009 (85)
- ► 2008 (76)